English Meetups

5 effective strategies for English teachers

Share This Post

Vocabulary building

This is an important component of any English class. This strategy helps to focus part of each class session on better vocabulary retention. Teachers can ask students to recall unfamiliar words and review their meanings in class, or use interactive vocabulary-building exercises related to the reading material in class.

Story Writing Workshop

Try to ask your students to participate in the writers’ workshop several times a year. Using this trick and considering the model of writing in the workshop and reading and writing different projects, it allows students to learn and participate in all aspects of the writing process: drafting, revising, editing and publishing Participate ‌

Reply and edit

This can be an effective strategy for English teachers or a very valuable trick for both teacher and student. You can try many different answers from all the peers in the class. In this way, students have the opportunity to think critically about the writing of others and to see the results that their classmates have achieved by writing an article. In addition, teachers can see how different students learn and better strategies in the future.

group learning

This learning strategy is very useful for English teachers who have also included language literature in their classes. Collaborative learning requires students to discuss minor literature topics as a group. By allowing students to have meaningful discussion, they begin to learn to analyze English literature and participate in an educational process that is more interesting to them than a public lecture for a chapter of a book.

Selected student texts

Allowing students to choose what they read is an effective strategy that literacy professionals recommend as a way to better develop lifelong readers. Students can choose from a collection of age-appropriate and reading books. After a period of independent study, students are divided into groups and discuss what they have read, in the style of a reading club, followed by journalism. When this strategy is successful, students can delve deeper into the meaning of language phrases, acquire core skills, and discuss valuable books with their classmates. Teachers using this strategy have found that this can lead to classrooms that are involved in learning grammar, literature, and vocabulary.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

Meetups

Online Event: Every Tuesday

💢 We will drink a cup of coffee at Home and talk about our Cultures and what we have in common💢 This is an English

Meetups

Online Event: October 5

Meetups

Online Event: September 28